New Delhi, Jul 15 One of the 23 Indian cricketers in the continuous visit through England has tried positive for COVID-19 during the 20-dawn and won’t make a trip with the group to Durham on Thursday.
The improvement approaches closely following BCCI secretary Jay Shah sending an email to the Indian unexpected, cautioning it about the rising instances of COVID-19 in the United Kingdom.
The side is to reassemble at Durham in a bio-bubble in front of the Test series against England one month from now. The break was given to the players after the World Test Championship against New Zealand, which the group lost last month.
“Indeed, one player has tried positive however he has been in seclusion throughout the previous eight days. He was not remaining in any lodging with the group, so no other player has been influenced. In any case, I can’t reveal the name of the player,” BCCI Vice President Rajiv Shukla told PTI on Thursday.
“As of now no other player has tested positive. Additionally you should know our secretary Jay Shah has composed a letter to all players to keep up with conventions,” Shukla added.
Notwithstanding sources in BCCI asserted that the major part being referred to is wiketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant.
“He is in isolate at an associate’s place and will not be making a trip with the group to Durham on Thursday,” a BCCI source said.
It is perceived that he has been beset by the Delta variation which has prompted rising number of cases in England.
Shah, in his letter, advised the players to “stay away from” swarmed puts as Covishield, the immunization which has been given to the group, just gives insurance, not full insusceptibility against the infection.
Truth be told, Shah’s letter had explicitly expressed that players ought to try not to go to Wimbledon and Euro Championships, which as of late closed there.
The Indian group is because of take on England in a five-match Test series beginning August 4.